How to report spam from Google, Yahoo and Hotmail email ids
The big boys of the free email world, namely Google, Yahoo and Hotmail have zero tolerance towards users who abuse their mail accounts and use it to send UCE (unsolicited commercial email) to other email users. Here are a list of links which can be used to report such spam incidents so that their accounts can be permanently disabled by these providers.
- Gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=abuse
- Yahoo: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/spam.html
- Hotmail: Non- Hotmail customers should address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Depending on the originating mail domain: hotmail or msn or live). Attach a copy of the spam email to this email and send it.
Updated on Sep 1, 2012:
- Report Facebook phishing spam: email@example.com
- Report phishing emails to Phishtank which is managed by OpenDNS – http://www.phishtank.com/
- Report spam emails to spamcop RBL at http://www.spamcop.net/. You need to create an account but its free and most ISPs take action against spamcop submissions.
- Informative and relevant article on how to report spam and phishing email to multiple agencies and providers who can take action against them – http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-spam.htm
- Spamlinks maintains a large list of emails addresses and URLs which you can use to report spam – http://spamlinks.net/track-report-addresses.htm
Feel free to share any other resources which can be of use to report spam to other such providers of free email services.